Professor: Mark McClure
- ODE Talk (our class forum)
- MyOpenMath (our online HW system)
- Colab (our computational tool)
- The Math Lab
- The geometry of first order ODEs
- The forced, damped harmonic oscillator
- First order, autonomous systems
- Linear systems via the trace and determiant
- The Lorenz Attractor:
- Monday, August 10 - Introduction:
- Wednesday, August 12 - First order ODEs:
- Monday, August 17 - Numerical methods:
- Wednesday, August 19 - Computer work:
- Monday, August 24 - First order linear equations:
Today, we'll talk about section 1.4 from our textbook on first order, linear equations. This is mostly symbolic manipulation so we're going to see how board work goes via Zoom!
There is a 10 point MyOpenMath HW due on Wednesday evening.
- Wednesday, August 26 - Phase lines and bifurcations
Working on it
We have a quiz during the last part of this week. You'll take this via MyOpenMath (I think) but it will not be anything like the HWs to this point. You'll get the problems (sometime after class on Wednesday), you will write out your solutions and then upload an image of your write up. Note that the quiz will close 1 hour after you start.To study for the quiz, you should do the three problems on our forum whose titles are not so cryptically prefixed "Quiz prep".